Friday, October 27, 2006

Sydney, Day 2

I woke up extremely late....msian time..
so I lost 2 hours of sight seeing and shopping.
this is St. Andrew's Cathedral
beside the catheral is the Town Hall
Aussie Square with loads of boutiques.....spells...shopping for me!!!!!
the weather was extremely good that day...
outside the Art Museum...nope I didn't go there.
the landmark of Sydney...The Sydney Opera House
It's huge!!!
The Harbour Bridge.....so windy i almost flew off...
there's this aborigine performing the didgeridoo at the harbour.
it goes.....
ngong ngong deng deng gedeng gedegeng ngong ngooong ngoooooonggg Gooonnnggg
gedegeng gedengeng....

hehe..
we took a catamarine to Rose Bay which was like 20 minutes away.
sat at the back so I can get a better view
JS and monkey
leaving the city area
all my beautiful pics were taken by my professional photographer using his giant massive super heavy can die dot com Nikon SLR.

If you see those pics with too much of sky...
out of range..
no sense of subjectivity..
blur...senget...ugly..
with no perspective at all..
rest be assured...I took them with the Sanyo Xacti.
This is Double Bay
Having a property fronting the water is awesome
The fact that it's so near the city is splendid
and owning a boat/yacht right outside the property is....priceless
I WANT ONE!!!!!
we took ferry 20 minutes out of the Sydney for this.....lunch with a great view
Catalina Restaurant has a stunning view with unpretentious dining experience
can't get enough of the oysters...it's freshly shucked so u can still taste the sea water AUD 19.80
got to be the best chips in town AUD 6
Mussels in macadamia sauce AUD 27....this one ain't in the menu.
freshly made linguine with blue swimmer's crab in capsicum infused with saffron AUD 27
I lurve this dessert.....
It's crepes with Grand Marnier served with bloodied orange and vanilla ice cream AUD 17
We sat outside
Good weather,
yummy food,
Great view,
friendly restaurant mgr & waiters,
and of coz great company :)
there's a seaplane beside the restaurant AUD 166 for 15 minutes, AUD 255 for 30 minutes and the rates goes...I rather spend it shopping...*coz I'm afraid of heights and small planes*
then we took a stroll nearby to burn off all the food we ate...*burp*
then for dinner we head to another italian restaurant, Coast at Cockle Bay Wharf
tuna carpacio AUD 23
the restaurant is really dark and I refrained myself fr using flash to avoid attention

I can't upload anymore pics...
I need to sleep......
very tired today.

To be continued tomorrow...
yawn

Catalina Rose Bay Restaurant
1 Sunderland Avenue, Lyne Park,
Rose Bay, Sydney NSW
Tel: 02 9371 0555
www.catalinarosebay.com.au

Catalina is highly recommended...
but not the Coast at Cockle Bay Wharf.
Ambience was superb and romantic but not the food nor wine.

No comments: