Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Lazy Butter Cookies

it's really a recipe for lazy person like me :)))))
if everything takes only 10 mins from weighing to mixing and cleaning why not???
plus baking all of the cookies in under one hour
muahahahahahhahahaha

firstly, heat up ur oven to 190 centigrade
then dunk 1.5 sticks of butter into your mixer - it's better to start with a slightly soft butter
if u dun have time like me...just shove the butter into the oven for a bit
*sorry I dun use microwave*
then in the same mixer bowl, add in 1 cup of sugar
in a separate bowl, add 2 cups of all purpose flour
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of salt
crack an egg and add 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
pretty much easy huh
plus nothing much to wash
hehehehehehhehe
so whisk the butter and sugar mixture till it's fluffy and creamie like this
then turn the mixer speed down and add in the egg slowly....
lastly the flour mixture in bit by bit
all these take about 4 mins
Ok I cheated....the recipe says that u need to roll the dough into a log,
cling-wrap them and put it into the fridge for 3-4 hours until it's firm
then cut it into coin sized lil dough for baking

I just didn't have the time to wait that many hours
so I came up with this idea for lazy people
just shove the mixture into a pipping bag and pump them out continuously

JS just watched in amazement O.O
not at my cookies or my "flair" *if there's any*

but at how lazy I can get
:P
short cut short cut!!!!
I didn't even dirty my counter top so no cleaning needed
JS faints~~~~~
dum dee dom....du-du-du-.....dum dee dom
lalalalala-lalalalalala-lalalalalalalala
bake them for about 10-12 mins, depending on your oven
the key is to have a look at it by 10 mins

once it's out, next tray in and let it cool on its own
so when the 2nd tray is out, the 1st tray is ready to be packed into any jars/tins/tupperwares

then u can throw away the baking paper....dunnit to wash ur tray :P
no lar!!! of coz I washed all my trays :P
coz I don't want to be keeping lil friends with 6 legs in my house.
dun mind the irregular shape huh?
but I'm glad the size is almost the same hahahahaha
hmmmm I've got potential
hua hua hua!!!!
nom nom nom
chomp chomp chomp
really good
so buttery and creamie

key is use GOOD QUALITY BUTTER
I've used Golden Churn/Lesicure/Tartura/Lurpak/President for this recipe and all turned up really well

actually this is a good recipe to use up all our leftover butter in the fridge
coz we have so many different brands leftover from JS's cooking adventure
tee hee hee

by far I've never used his Echire brand butter from France :P
not worth it to be made into cookies
it's to be eaten on its own :)))) coz Echire has got a minimum of 84% of butterfat

Ok if I am up to it, I will attempt more baking at home
it's really therapeutic
coz I get to put my mind off work for once
and the best part is....the results can be EATEN
wuuuuahahahah hohohohohoohohh

opsss :)))))))
do attempt this modified lazy recipe of mine and lemme know the results
:))))
Happy Baking!!!


6 comments:

Chasing Food Dreams said...

no need to be super specific with anything in life... its only a guideline.. not written in stone... kekeke... ;D

CHER-RY said...

Food Dreams: only RIP is written in stone :P kekekekekeke

neil said...

Actually, there is a reason for cookie recipes to suggest chilling the dough before baking (other than firming it up for easier cutting/shaping). It is to give time for the dry ingredients to really "soak" up the wet ones. Think of it as marinating. It's basically science. (I read this in an article, NOT like I'm so clever to figure it out, hahah!)

I experimented on this before: I whipped up a batch of chocolate chip cookie dough and baked a tray immediately. The rest of the dough I kept in the fridge and baked them
(1) 24 hours later
(2) 48 hours later
As expected, the later-baked ones were much better. The cookies browned more evenly and the flavour was more intense.
All verified by my trusted "taste judge", my mom :P

CHER-RY said...

really??? can I please please please have the chocolate cookies recipe pretty pretty please :)))))))))))))))

Loose said...

for all the work you put in, i hardly call that lazy lor.. lazy is when u'll just grab any butter cookies from a mall and then head home....=PP

CHER-RY said...

hello Loose...yea yea true oso hahahahahha