Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Banana Cake

Who wants a banana????
Me you me you me you me you!!!!
anyway who doesn't like bananas? it's as good as asking who doesn't like eggs???
well the only answer to the egg question is someone with really high cholesterol
hahahahahahhaa
as for bananas, someone with too much of potassium???

so today let's have a tutorial of baking another idiot proof cake - banana cake
u need to get good quality fragrant bananas....but knowing me....who know nuts about ingredients, I just grabbed watever bananas that I saw at the supermarket.
mash about 2-3 bananas (about 1 cup of mashed bananas) until it turned into a baby food
baking is good :))))
it's a stress reliever coz u get to mash things up
*well u can't mash a human being right? except messing his/her life*
:P
add 1 tsp of vanilla essence
1/2 tsp of banana essence
1/2 cup of buttermilk


the reason why I attempted this recipe was to use up all my leftover buttermilk from my cupcakes adventures. I made cupcakes on Sunday but it didn't turn out good.
it was only edible and OK but not fantastic. Need to re-work on my frosting techniques and re-measure my recipes.
well knowing a perfectionist like me, everything has to achieve 100 pointer
hahahahhahahaha
in the mean time fluff up 1/3 cup of butter with 1 1/4 cup of sugar
recipe requires vegetable shortening, but I don't have any....so JS said butter will do
I trust him...if it didn't turn out well....it's his fault....*fingers quickly pointed at JS*
hua hua hua
also I've reduced the sugar to a slightly lesser than a cup

once it has fluffed up add 2 eggs slowly
one at a time

so while the machine is working its magic, prepare and sieve 1 1/2 cup of cake flour
*cake flour is different, it has got lower protein content*
3/4 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of salt
then lower the speed of ur mixer and inter-mix the flour mixture with mashed bananas buttermilk
flour buttermilk flour buttermilk flour buttermilk
and the batter will mix and blend itself properly in the mixer

Finally dunk everything into a long baking tin like this lined with baking paper
this was my bread tin
and pop it into the oven at 180 degrees centigrade for 1 hour and 5 minutes
well again it depends on ur oven so u must check with a skewer when it's almost there

so in that 1 hour and 5 mins, it's enuff for u to wash all ur utensils, which is basically not much and have a nice oh-la-la shower :))))))))))

once it's outta the oven, try to remove from tin and cool on a wire rack
in this case, or should I say lazy case of mine....I've purposely left ample baking paper on the sides at the beginning, so it's easier to lift the whole cake up from its tin
once it has completely cool off time to slice ur cake
this crumbly cake can't be sliced too thin else it will disintegrate
hahahahahhaa
alwiz use a serrated knife for bread and cakes
well all my friends who've been to my house know the arrays and types of knives at our home can out-beat the number of pairs of shoes anytime
all thanks to Knife-Freak Mr. JS
*he even bought me a pair of beautiful pink ceramic knife that came with a pink ceramic peeler*

every country we go to, Monkey comes back with nice souvenirs
he usually comes home with a spanking new pasta pan/pots/knives/wine gadgets/utensils

sometimes I dunno how we managed to pack huge pots and pans into our luggage bags
having said that, I hand-carried glass vase home from Vienna a few months ago and JS was smacking his forehead
it's not something expensive *only Euro 9.90* but it's so pretty and special
JS taught me, if we gonna use so much of efforts carrying things, it's better be worth it and definitely not something of Euro 9.90

well I'm gonna blog bout my beautiful vase soon and u readers will judge whether it's worth carrying it home flying business class wrapped cozy-ly in my Longchamp bag
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D:D:D
if u want ur Banana Cake to look pretty, use a waxed paper and make a lil paper-box to keep it
I like to keep them in this tin n bring it to work for my guinea pigs :D:D:D
anyway not much left to bring to work coz JS ate so much of it and took 4 slices to work
he was a happy boy with his "lunch box"

"that's for lunch??? is tat sufficient? which part of your stomach is it gonna line?"
JS -_-"
so after dividing it for JS's lunch box and my fellow colleagues aka guinea pigs there's only 2 slices left....JS chopped it for his dessert tonite >.<
here I kept it together with my not-so-fantastic cupcakes I made on Sunday
so u see, good things gone faster rite?
don't worry, I'll have the cupcakes for desserts tonite after my Buka Puasa with the press

Happy Baking and lemme know the results :))))

4 comments:

licheng said...

I'd like some, thanks! :D

CHER-RY said...

hahahahaha ok ok u come back i make :))))

Chasing Food Dreams said...

I dun like bananas... :(

but I love banana cake! (I m a strange person :P)

CHER-RY said...

WAHAHHAHAHA Food Dreams!!! u are so cute and strange at the same time....hahahahahaha :)))))))))