Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Musang King Mooncakes from Hilton KL

the much hyped about mooncake in town from Chynna, Hilton KL
apparently it was the most sought after durian in the world
bcoz it uses ONYL 100% pure and solid Musang King durian

I can tell you how sought after it is, coz my friends from Singapore actually got Monkey to buy them by the loads, only problem is...it needed refrigeration
not any refrigeration but FREEZER
geeeeezzzz....

once purchased, u need to consume them within 3-5 days
keep them in the freezer...when u want to eat it...
remove it out...let it rest for less than 5 minutes...cut them to your desired size
and pop them into...nope not into your mouth...back into the FRIDGE this time
oh damn...i hate the process already
-_-
u see, this mooncake is really soft bcoz it's really pure durian meat on the inside
so if u dun freeze them...it's like eating lumpy gooey durians wrapped in snow skin
and it's really a disgusting sight :P
so after all the freezing, cutting, chilling it's back to the table
by the way, the name of this mooncake is Heavenly Gold

tasting note???
it tasted exactly like Musang King durian minus the texture and length
I would say I prefer to eat the actual durians then
but nevertheless this was an effort by Chef Lam to create something something so desirable

since I couldn't cater to the cravings and needs of my Singapore gang....they are flying in to Malaysia to enjoy this durian...hahahahaha
but I would say again, don't waste time...if u crave for Musang King...just go for the real thing

Mooncakes are supposed to be original with the usual red bean, lotus paste with yolk and mixed nuts.
Nothing more nothing less....
and definitely no funny funny weird flavours and fancy names
or perhaps I'm just a conservative and originality when it comes to iconic food like this
:))))

If u still insist to try, u can still get the Heavenly Gold Musang King mooncakes at Hilton KL Sentral or just head to the Mid-Autumn Festival exhibition at Midvalley Megamall
To order your mooncakes, go to:
www.life.hiltonkl.com/dining
Tel: +603 2264 2515


4 comments:

Chasing Food Dreams said...

Durian is the only fruit I wont touch... I m so phobia abt it... hahaha... u can eat my share... :P

CHER-RY said...

Food Dreams: Why phobia? had too much during your younger days?

Chasing Food Dreams said...

hehe... bingo! got really sick during my teens and after that develop a strong dislike for it... I m so phobia abt it.. I can smell its a mile away... XD

everytime I smell it, I wanna vomit..

CHER-RY said...

I share your feelings coz I'm just exactly like you!!!! hahahaha.