Friday, April 06, 2007

Bluefin Tuna

PS fr previous post: I forgot to blog that I had FUGU fish.
yeah the poisonous fish...
the experience was weird.
You have to experience it.

so after the deadly experience with a deadly blow fish,
I am still so happy to be able to enjoy the world,
walking among the lushy trees in the city,
on the way to my happy happy place..
S-H-O-P-P-I-N-G
when I reached Isetan,
I saw a huge creature on the chopping board,
a really huge fish.
cleaning the "sword" to chop the bugger off.
actually it's a mini "saw".
so blarddy fat man this tuna...
I wondered how much did it fetch at the auction market.
This one is a 64kg baby...
those fat/huge ones may cost up to USD 20,000
O_O
that's me trying to figure out which part I had the previous nite,
ootoro is light in color coz it's all fat,
the meat looks like pork with fat lining in between the meat.
Toro is less fat but still FAT.
a sashimi slice for SGD 20.

so normally at the japanese restaurant,
we have the red meaty part - AKAMI.
but at Santaro I had so much of ootoro & toro,
that spells fat monkey!!!

poor kids....having to witness...
the slaughter of the poor cute and fat tuna.
they actually used a saw to saw the bugger out,
then some other sharp knives to dig the meat,
and sashimi-knife to cut it into smaller portions.
I have one sashimi knife shown in this pic at home,
yet to use it.

Better stop drooling at those tuna,
and back to work...
I think i'm gonna have jap tonite...
hehehehe.
or prollie not...hmmm..

No comments: