Monday, April 23, 2007

Basel, Switzerland

It was the 2nd day at Moneyland,
Why moneyland??
Remember how we associate Switzerland wif...
UBS, Credit Suisse, Swissfirst Bank...bla bla bla
everyone is gawd damn rich here.
the tree at the back of my apartment was blooming with white flowers. The day I left, it has dropped most of its flowers leaving a green green tree.

Since work has yet to start for the 1st two dayz,
Monkey went to explore the lil town of Basel,
Basel is situated on the border of France and Germany..
main language is German.

Monkey speak not a word of German,
at least they understand my broken french.

"Haben Sie Kreditkarte?"
monkey ??????
O_o
*WTF is tat???*

"Vous parlez anglais? français?"
- do u speak english? french?

"ooOOoo, oui... français sil vous plait."
- oh, yes, french pls.

phewww....thank god.
their gardens are at the back of the apartment...
Monkey woke up early n strolled around,
macam a local...i just walk and walk and walk.
without a map.
They have plenty of bridges like this,
connecting the old town with the new town.
This was taken at Basel University,
yes I trespassed into the University....
they thought I'm just another foreign student.

I mingled with the youngsters in my broken french,
while they were having their morning puffs.

"which faculty are u from?"
eeee......tee heee hee...
"I just happen to pass by to get some nice pics over the river."
heeee heee heee.

anyway I was invited to their partay which I was not too keen on.
Monkey is no longer 18-22 leh....
plus I am here to work. -_-
Monkey walked along the river...weather was a lovely 15 degrees
and begin to stalked this cutie walking his dog.
*gasp*
There were tulips everywhere!!!!!
Do u know that it cost RM 20 a stalk back in Msia???
Tulips are my fav flowers.
I just wished I can pluck all of them.
But then I will looked like some hooligans fr 3rd world country.

And I don't want to *memalukan* Malaysia
esp when ppl ask when am I fr.

Unlike Kee who will answer,
"I'm fr Singapore."
so that he can put his neighbouring country to shame,
with his bad behaviors.
after walking for 45 minutes,
I ended up at Chris da boss's apartment...

WTF??? I can't be so lame.
to walk unconsciously to his apt,
with only the street name in my memory,
at a place I've never been before.

He must have some magnet in him.
Anyway when I meet my boss,
it's work all the way.
Then in the evening,
it's the cocktail preview for the press,
My roomie, Janet and I pottered to Baselworld,
sleepy like hell,
coz it's 6 hours backwards in Swazeeland.

Cocktail was at 7pm,
which was like 1am back in our home country.
*yawnnnnnnn*

No comments: