Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Golden Cake

Every Chinese Spring Festival,
it is auspicious to eat food,
that are synonymous with wealth, health, richness, happiness...

I jumped into the bandwagon,
and made a golden cake for my family..
it's made fr pureed mandarin oranges *kam*
with lotsa coarse almonds..
mandarin & almond cake drizzled with caramelized orange syrup in zest.
My mom was like...
"Kam Cake? U kek sei ngor" *cake/kek also means hurting a person emotionally in chinese*
"......speechless......."

so we changed it to "kam tan kou"

I took efforts to boil the mandarin oranges for 2 hours....
then pureed the bugger,
mix the eggs, coarse almonds, sugar....
yep..no flour...so it's a pretty heavy and yummylicious cake..

and bake this cake for 1 hour 10 minutes...
caramelized the syrup with its zest..
and ppl wallop it in less than 10 minutes.

damn, I didn't get to enjoy it...
so made another one for meself...

*where's my boss??? am waiting for him to go to SIN*

No comments: