Thursday, October 30, 2008

Burg nite @ Sage

Chef Takashi create a special menu for a special nite,
really special indeed
coz the whole Spore gang came down.
or came up...hehehehehe.
Si Fu Lawrence & Tracie touched down on Saturday,
and went straight to the restaurant.
coz a certain someone forgotten he has some branding forum/conference/seminar
-_-"
otherwise he wouldn't have missed the dinner @ Overseas
"oh the bread is good very good"
"folks, stop eating so much of bread.....we have 8 course dinner waiting~~~~"
confit of ocean trout with konbu
Salad of pan fried crayfish with topinambour + truffle jus
well topinambour = jerusalem artichoke
roasted foie gras with anago and scallion
anago = japanese salt water eel
Prince C: "I still prefer the other roasted foie gras."
I Ching: "I like the foie gras with red wine sauce more."

"errrr, okie folks...u guys have discerning taste. I'll have to work harder for your palate."
Tracie got this for me
:))))))))))))))))))
wrapped nicely in organza
hehehehe now I am the proud owner of a handbag holder
neat!!!!
Si Fu Lawrence & Tracie
thank you for the gift,
and many many many congratulations!!!
I've marked my calendar April 25th :))))))))))
and start looking for a dress....erm wat's the theme ya?
Prince C & I Ching
cozy together coz they are flying off to Melbourne tonite!!!!!
hey I'm gonna miss u both heaps coz when u are back....I'll be in Europe!!!
Doc & Emily
the "makan" doctors
:))))))))))))))))
Munchie MC & Wei Nee
came in matching green outfit..
the red-like-lobster host.....

"I'm wearing red!!! dun copy me."

JS: "Nvm I'm already all dressed to go."

"-_- u copied me."
JS: "Nvm lar................."

"U copied me -_-"
slow roasted lamb wtih Pistou
Pistou = cold sauce of basil, garlic, secret ingredients.
went so well with this Chambertin
my fav of the lot!!!
we have bout 5 burgs, 1 barolo, 1 champagne
in order of my preference fr left to right....
okie champagne was exceptional though it was placed last...
alwiz my fav especiall a good one like Salon.
as usual I get to keep all of em!!!!
etuvee of jap seabass with porcini mushroom
very huge portion there.
excellent fedellini pasta with muscovy duck and kabu
a few days earlier when ms Monkey got the menu
"there's duck....u want me to change???"
JS: "It's ok, I'll try it."

On that nite....slices of duck went over to Prince C's plate.
hmmmmmmmmm
JS & Si Fu Lawrence
Lamb ragout pasta to share
spicy and tasty
and Chef's signature reginette of prawns + mozzarella
Toast to more good wines and good health!!!
dark grape granitas
made fr japanese grapes????
everyone was hunting for this highly priced grapes
and lastly Ecrasse of strawberries w/ vanilla ice cream
the ladies :)))))))))))))))))))
and ended the nite with the usual coffee and tea

Si Fu Lawrence: "a good ending to a good dinner. Not overdone like Les Amis."
Chef Takashi in action,
he refused to have his pic taken...
hmmmmm maybe that's why he looked so serious and agitated.

very good dinner there,
so u all must come back ya.

Sage Restaurant, Wine & Bar
Level 6, The Residence,
The Gardens,
Lingkaran Syed Putra.
59200 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: +6032287 2189

4 comments:

.: RY :. said...

Hey there
may i check how much is it per head for your party?

Thank u!

CHER-RY said...

.:RY:.: Hello there. Thanks for dropping by. The price varies depending on selection and number of courses. Ranging from RM 268++ to RM 388++ onwards. :))

.: RY :. said...

Thanks a bunch! I am planning a trip to KL in july - and am considering if i should go with the normal degustation or request for a special menu as i will be there with 5 other friends. Can't wait! :)

CHER-RY said...

.:RY:.: No prob there. You can email sagekul@gardenshtlres.com to request for suggestions/customized menu. Look for Jason. :)