Monday, July 02, 2012

Idiot Proof Raisin and Oatmeal Cookies


 
Fancy some easy peasy cookies that's done in within an hour?
by now, most readers would have recognised the lazy trait that's in Monkey

if something takes too much of a trouble, I'll buy it instead of making it
but JS will alwiz stressed that it's not the SAME!!!
yeah I know it's not the same....well maybe..just maybe I'll attempt something difficult in the kitchen one day....some day....oh well :P

so today, Monkey will share this easy peasy recipe for you :))))
first of all heat the oven to 375 Fahrenheit or about 190 celcius
the recipe I'm using came from US so everything is in their measurement -_-

sieve about 1.5 cups of all purpose flour
I'll advise u to buy those nice measuring cups that give u precisely wat is 2 cups, 1 cup, 3/4 cups and so on...and definitely not your coffee cup :P
added to the sieved flour were 1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder

this oso I would recommend u to get a proper measuring spoons/device
not your usual spoon from your cutlery set :D
this recipe requires about 1 cup of granulated white sugar
1 cup of packed brown sugar

the granulated sugar gives the cookies a good texture :))))))))))
2 sticks of butter....okie if u ask me how much is 2 sticks?
it's about 226gm
if it's too much of a trouble go and download those converter apps into ur phone
3 cups of raw cooking rolled oats
those old fashion ones...
and 1 cup of raisins
if u really adore raisins, u may add a lil bit more
the rolled oats that I used
NAH!!! this time I remembered to snap pic of the ingredients that I've used
coz the previous time, when readers asked me about the brand of chocolates that I used for the amazing chocolate truffles...I totally forgot :P
*read about the amazing chocolate truffles here*
now that u've got the ingredients ready....
beat the hell outta the butter and sugar until it turned fluffy and creamie
it takes about...a few minutes I guess?
coz I'm so lazy to time things...as the Kitchen Aid was whipping this, I was bz storing back all my ingredients and cleaning the table top ready for moulding

if u noticed, I was so lazy to the extend that if possible, everything will go into one bowl/pan etc
>.<
this recipe also requires an egg and 1 tsp of vanilla essence
now u know why this is idiot proof??
coz everything is either 1 cup or 1 tsp
u can't go wrong with it
add the egg and vanilla essence in and let it whip a bit more
finally it bcame like this
remove the bowl from your whipping machine and mix in the rolled oats and raisins with a spatula or something
make sure everything was thoroughly mixed together
u don't want a few pieces of cookies came without raisins right????
using spoon just shape them anyway u like it....and drop them on to the baking pan lined with baking paper
I was so lazy I used an ice cream scoop
muahahahahaahah

bake them for 13-15 mins depending on your oven
u just need to watch it after 10 mins just to be sure how long more
also depends on how brown u want ur cookies to be
ta-DA!!!!!
best eaten warm...:)))
when ur sink ur teeth in...
the outer part should be crunchy and when your tooth reaches the middle part of the cookie it should be chewy and satisfying

easy rite??? less than 1 hour :))))
this recipes makes about 60 cookies depending on how big u make them

I could have more cookies in the jars but as Monkey was filling them up...she was too busy popping them into her mouth
JS wasn't helping at all...he popped more than I did...one after another....
if u dun have sweet tooth, u may reduce the sugar a bit

Happy Baking and lemme know the results :))))

4 comments:

Chasing Food Dreams said...

Love the Kitchen Aid with the glass bowl... its one of my wish list items!! :D

CHER-RY said...

yes get it!!!! pretty things make our hearts skip :))

neil said...

You didn't say when to add the flour mixture wor :P

CHER-RY said...

Nee Lee: Opssss...after the eggs u whisk in the flour slowly into the mixer. :)))))))))