Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The "Big Fat Cat Jumped Out Of The Bag" by *JS*

On 11th March 10 I was told to pack for Langkawi to celebrate my birthday……so as I was packing my beach wear, cap, singlet, bermudas, sunblock, flip flops…….ah hah, need tripod to take sunset pics…..etc and I guess monkey couldn’t bear to see all the wrong stuff being packed….hehe.

Monkey : we heading south lar…..NOT Langkawi
JS : leally ar?? South as at Singapore?? :)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Yes, about a couple of weeks ago, I received a text message from James asking when Prince C and me was coming to Singapore and he can get us good rate at Fullerton…….blah………blah…………and when I replied “when are we going?”……….it was all silent on the southern front. Yes, very suspicious…..hehe.
Hmmmmm….that actually let the cat out of the bag…………yes, guys my confidence level that we were heading for S’pore was in the 90 percentile !

As I opened my eyes on the morning of 12th March 10……I took a moment to reflect and acknowledge……

I have had a good and blessed life with nice understanding people surrounding me and a good health to compliment all the goodness.
Despite all that I acknowledge for a fact that in life there is no stable platform.........just the calmness for the moment..........and I have had a good run rate..........this won’t have been possible without the blessings of the man above.........my creator............my god.

That was the serious side of life……..now for the more playful side :)

I did exactly what I promised myself (as a fitness ambassador) that I will do on my 50th Birthday and share with people around me.
It’s to simply remind myself and hopefully inspire others on the following behavioral aspect.

Persistence is key.

Consistency is important.

Effort must come as second nature.

And without Discipline nothing will be achieved!!

So I snapped a self portrait in my “birthday suit” with my
Canon EOS1Dmk4 !!

No photoshop performed on this pic..........just incase you wondering!!!

Yes, all you “out of shape” young guys and gals out there…..if a 50 years old man can look like this, THINK AGAIN…. What you are missing out and how much better you actually can look!!

6 comments:

CHER-RY said...

Can work out more on the abs and the biceps

js said...

yes, more sit ups, crunches and push ups in the morning like how i have been doing the same routine for the last 20 years :)

licheng said...

JS! Happy Belated Birthday! Totally cannot believe you are 1/2 a century old! Age is just a number, as long as young at heart and enjoy life to the fullest, that's all that matters :)

Js said...

Yes I m ancient. Haha.

Anonymous said...

Hi JS,

Oh dear, didnt know this is your 50th birthday!

Well, what can I say! U look fabulous!

Ur saham aint dropping! :) Lucky monkey!

Elly

js said...

haha, txs Elly. it's partly in the mind :)