Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Surprise Galore episode 1 *by JS*

It was one surprise after another…….hence the theme of the posting …..ie, surprise galore and in this case episode 1……I requested episode 1 to be kept simple and lite !
On arriving in Singapore I was whisked away to Les Amis for lunch and sifu Lawrence played host to Iching, Prince C , Monkey and me. It was the infamous set lunch that we had wanted to try but never had the opportunity.

Sifu stressing a point

The meal started with Iberico ham served on some sort of cracker.

Follow by starters, main courses and desserts.

A medley of seafood starter

Frog legs tempura

Monk Fish with artichokes

Egg on a bed of prawn stock risotto

some strawberry dessert

Creme Brulee

Petite four

Good food, good company and the right ambience.........and it's just episode 1 !!

We had this simple white Bordeaux a 2006 Clos De Estournel.

It was superb and with the familiar fruity nose of the sauvignon grapes. In this case 10% of Semillon was added to round off the wine.

Offcourse no birthday celebration would have been complete without a birthday cake……but in this case I request for “no singing please” cos restaurant was full ………..and besides got more episodes to come !


Yes, it's a chocolate cake

Must say it was a pretty quiet and “tame” affair…….and I took it very easy…….remember this is episode 1 guys!!!

Thank you sifu for starting the ball rolling.

8 comments:

CHER-RY said...

Thank u to Si Fu for organising this one :))))

licheng said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tsu Lin + + said...

I would love a bite of your choc cake. And Happy Birthday JS! You look much younger than you are, and def fitter than alot of younger men (and women). May you be blessed with more good food, good friends, health, happiness & prosperity!

js said...

haha....txs TL. i am really blessed to have nice people around and i hope i have reciprocated (in return) in the same way :)
actually i thought the milestone birthday was 40(rather than 50) cos after 40 life seems to shift into high gear and time does flies!!

Tsu Lin + + said...

Wow, not many can say the same about life shifting into high gear as they age.

Already, my bones are creaking as I'm typing this, just as my birthday is appoaching this month (Long live us March-ians) - ok, not that bad but I think def life is what you make out of it.

Also, life def moves faster when you have monkeys & love surrounding you. Blessed life! ;)

js said...

txs TL....when is your birthday?? :) i shall not continue to ask how old are you.....haha.
what i meant was life speeds up after 40.....aging process.....wounds and injury heal slower......recovery period of a simple viral infection takes longer......one needs more rest from vigorous exercise....etc. anyway you guys still long way to go :)

Tsu Lin + + said...

My bday is end of the month. The very last day!

HAHAHA - now I know what you mean. I totally agree, for ladies though, this starts much earlier - at TIGA PULUH. I kept telling my friends (who would listen to me) that I am not ageing very gracefully. Must take lessons from JS on how he keeps himself so well. :)

js said...

no secret lar....just be at peace with yourself and people around you and live in a mindset of non denial :)