Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ole Sayang, Malacca

Entrance to Ole Sayang
can't read the chinese words...
can someone interpret it for me?
it's packed with Singaporeans
and we had to wait for 15 minutes for a table...
there a few other Baba Nyonya restaurants in town but this one has got the most variety
and one of the pioneer
most of the restaurants are just too small and need reservation in advance
*small like only 6 tables*
so Ole Sayang is one of the biggest - the size of 2 shoplots
JS: "Smile for me plsssss....."
*chiak*
yes Monkey & JS drove all the way to Malacca so he can snap pics outta town
and me.....to satisfy my bottomless tummy
sweet potato and prawn crackers!!!!!
lurve their sambal belacan
spicy can die
cincaluk + eggs RM 7
I will try to make this at home :)))))))))))
sotong goreng asam RM 8
taugeh ikan masin RM 9
Jenak goreng served with chilissss RM 28
steamed fragrant white rice
it's a bit difficult to order when 2 ppl dine
coz we wanted to have *okie okie only me* the nyonya chicken curry
and we also wanted to have *yes only me again* the ayam pongteh
and also the sambal udang petai
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D
the chendol kacang with fresh coconut milk RM 2
and plenty of GULA MELAKA at the bottom
sago with gula melaka and fresh coconut milk RM 2
the gula melaka has some hint of ginger juice innit
this was an excellent dessert coz I'm not a sago person and was surprised at its taste and texture
Malacca was so sunny
unlike KL
rain rain rain rain rain every single day
and I almost forgotten the color of the sky
the family name printed on the lantern
it was used during the olden days to mark a home
the Lim family
the Chan family
the Wong family
and of coz the Monkey family
*but in the case of this restaurant and since I can't read chinese I dunno whether it's the family name printed on that lantern*
eppy and stuffed Monkey
*but actually can eat sumore*

Ole Sayang Restaurant,
199 Taman Melaka Raya,
Bandar Melaka,
75000 Melaka.
Tel: +606 283 1966

4 comments:

Tsu Lin + + said...

The words printed on the lantern says "Guang Lin" ie, the other side shoudl read "Huan Ying" then "Guang Lin", ie WELCOME! LOL!

CHER-RY said...

TL: WAH!!!!! U so clever!!! *clap clap clap* didn't know u can read chinese TL :))))))))))))

Tsu Lin + + said...

Cherry : Yes, I am ver clever. Teeheee.. Sorry I didnt read the top part of your blog asking someone to translate the plaque at the entrance, I translated the lantern one only.

I think the plaque says "Qie Qin" - Qin is Sayang lor, Qie i dunno how to translate, maybe it's not even qie because it means "dissect/cut".

Tom said...

Hi all,

We have just completed a post about Ole Sayang Peranakan Restaurant Melaka.

If you enjoyed our content, "Like" us on Facebook TODAY!

Tom,
2bearbear.com