Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Bangkok Day 2

Ploenchit Road - the heart of everything

I woke up and realised that I'm still in City of Life - Bangkok
Locals don't refer their city as Bangkok but Krungthepmahanakorn....The City of Great Angels.
and that's only the shorter name....the actual name of this city is so long that it made it to the Guiness Book of Record.

So....the actual name is:
Krungthep Mahanakorn Bowon Rattanakosin Mahintharayuttha Mahadilokpop Noparatratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniveymahasathan Amornpiman Avatransathit Sakkathattiay-avisnukarmprasit.

phew.....*I need a glass of water*.....which translates to:
Great city of angels, the repository of divine gems, the great land unconquerable, the grand and prominent realm, the royal and delightful capital full of nine noble gems, the highest royal dwelling and grand palace, the divine shelter and living place of reincarnated spirits.

....more shopping on Day 2, but no visit to Bangkok is complete without goin to the famous 4 faces Buddha Erawan Shrine....
Just beside the Grand Hyatt Erawan Hotelsmokey and crowded.....
Chaang (elephant)
so many more!!!! devotees will paste some gold leaves into their massive head for good luck.
this woman paid all the 8 dancers to perform to the 4 faces Buddha to grant her wish.

Well, testimony from most of the ppl that I known, whatever that you wished for will be granted and of coz there's a price to pay. Something non-monetary and intangible...so JS warned me, if I really don't have anything serious to wish, better keep it. Well at the moment I am pretty thankful of my life and ppl around me....so nothing to wish for....kakakakaka...
to show mercy, buy some poor birds and release them...
This is Grand Hyatt Erawan, we'll stay here next time.
Bangkok has double deck train line...
Look carefully....there's actually 3 tiers....2 for the sky train and one for pedestrian...you can walk kilometres and kilometres without getting tanned or wet under the tropical weather.
this is MK Restaurant which serves the best Thai Steamboat. You'll need to get your number and queue (look at the digital board). It's a very efficient place where this sweet lady will arrange your table via her wireless device and you'll get all your food prepared the moment you are seated.
they served the best roast pork and desserts. Glutinous sesame rice balls in ginger syrup and water chestnut with coconut.
Don't be foiled by its presentation...this ball is really packed with smooth silky grounded sesame paste...so good I had 2 bowls.
a must have in Thailand - Som Tam (papaya salad), this one at Blue cafe by S&P chain.
me in Von Dutch, JS in Guess? He was struggling to read Thai....

JS speaks and writes fluent Thai....so it's handy to have him to bring me around. The sad thing is, once he speaks, everyone assumed that I can....so it's pretty distressing when they were talking "kaa" and "krup" here & there...and monkey looking like an idiot.

"What did she say?"
"That you are naa-rak!!"
"WTF is that?"
"you are cute, sweet and lovely.....*smiles*"
".........I don't want to be cute....I wanna be pretty like them!!!!"

Why are Thai gals so beautiful??? Tall, fair, sharp features....and most of all slim....very slim!!!!
Their local sizing for apparels really made me sad.....I'm no longer in the XS range!!!
*crycrycrycrycrycrycry*
I have to take the "farang" (mat sallehs) sizes.....

Those local gals fr the North are very beautiful and fair...while fr Southern are slightly tanned.
Confirmed no good looking guys...but I was too busy eye-ing the chicks to notice any men there.
go to Thailand must drink Singha!! hehehe beer is dirt cheap there. A can of 330ml Tiger costs only 260 baht (RM 2.60)
their pandan kaya is good. Damn good....
I dunno why their food is so CHEAP and GOOD...tiramisu and cappucino cost only 1200 baht (RM 12.00)...where to get in KL???

Everynite, after 12 hours of massive non-stop shopping & makan, we'll head for the foot/body massage..

Foot massage (1 hr) = 300 baht (RM 30.00)
Traditional Thai body massage (2 hrs) = 500 baht (RM 50.00)

SO CHEAP!!!! monkey went for full body massage everynite, bone crackling and muscle stretching. I can hear my bones & spines goes "claaaakk....kkkrrruuuuug". Men are soooo gonna enjoy this massage coz the pretty Thai girl will be on top of you most of the time....mamammamamama...The masseur was so good I don't mind tipping her 200 baht each session.

Bangkok Day 3 will continue tomorrow....

No comments: