Friday, April 20, 2012

Breakfast at Meirerei, Vienna

Monkey & a huge bottle of milk
why must we have milk for breakfast???
I'm not a milk person but the sight of this just made me so happy
prollie I was hungry, well after all we need to break our fast rite?
not eating from dinner until the next morning is pretty long u know??
that's why it's called "Break-Fast"
u break ur fast
:))))))))))))
hmmm the breakfast menu is astounding...I dunno wat to order
Meirerei is just downstairs of Steirereck under the same group
remember that amazing restaurant in Vienna which we went to?
where I chomp down everything before JS could take a bite?
anyway if u missed that posting *click here* to read about it
it's Spring and Monkey is all decked in colors of spring!!!
these colors just make one so happy
I alwiz look forward to dressing up in the morning
hahahhaha it's a fetish :P
firstly our glass of still mineral water, freshly squeezed and super sweet orange juice and a cup of coffee arrived on its individual tray
the milk came separately......u have a choice of lactose free milk, soya milk, rice milk
why make life so complicated...just have the full fat full cream milk
hahahahahahahahhaa

the pack of sugar was perfectly aligned this way
without blocking the view of all of its logo on this presentation
this is wat I called a good "Merchandising"

they only served coffee from these bean companies
in Vienna we realised many places are very ethical in terms of sourcing their produce
it has to be from fair trade, or farms that leave least carbon print,
or industry that condemn slavery
hmmmm.....

again, a single lone tulip on our table
tulips are just everywhere in Vienna
by the road, in our room, at the concierge, at the park, near the fountain
I can't imagine the situation in Amsterdam :P

a slice of Viennese Sponge Cake
they have so many cakes and pastry here
we didn't know which one to choose

and it was freshly baked....as we saw it coming out fr its glass window-ed kitchen
pipping hot and moist
simple and yet so yummy


JS ordered a simple bacon and eggs
and it came out so beautiful!!!!
there's choices of 2 or 3 eggs and even OSTRICH eggs if there's a group of 6 ppl

the bacons were paper thin, fried until it's crispy before 2 free range eggs were popped in
it looks so good I had to steal his food :P

well, by the look of it...who wouldn't want to steal his food?
so who's with me now?
:D heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

I've ordered a slice of Farmer's bread with butter and chives
it came with its own wooden board and a bread knife on the other end

1st thing we did was analyzing the perfectly cut chives
"my lord.........do they have a ruler or something?"

Monkey then cut them to smaller pieces
the bread has got this really fragrant malty-ness innit
butter were almost cream-liked, really RICH and CREAMIE
but well balanced with the freshness from the chives
now with this amazing apps.....everyone can instagram
hahahahahaha
seriously this bread was so simple but I m willing to kill for it!!!
while I ordered an innocent soft-boiled free range egg
came propped on its own wooden seat like a throne
so pretty and I had to destroy it coz my tummy is more important
 so simple but the ingredients were so fresh
the eggs has got this farm freshness
yolk was thick and sweet
I didn't have to add salt nor pepper
*notice there isn't any pepper?*
I didn't notice there were plates and cutleries on top of my head
hahahahhaha
our table was a the corner overlooking the river and a garden
spent a slow long breakfast watching ppl walking their dogs, jogging, strolling in the park with kids
and mind u it was a weekday....no wonder Vienna is world no. 1 for the most liveable city
I think I can live like this everyday~~~~

reservation is recommended for breakfast bcoz later on this place was full
*we set alarm, woke up early for this breakfast hahahahaah*

Later it was our turn to stroll at the park
so many mandarin ducks
quack quack come here come here!!!
yooouuuuuuu huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu~~~~~~
they swam further away from me

maybe I should speak german to them
"Guten Morgen....you..you...kommen here now!!!"
yeah perhaps I should have brought those malty bread from Meirerei instead
I want to live my life this way
have slow yummy breakfast with good quality produce that doesn't harm the Earth
go for strolls at the park
aaaahhhhhhhh

Thank Gawd today is Friday
so I can do all of the above soon
hahahahahhahaha

Meirerei @ Stadtpark
Am Heumarkt 2A,
A-1030 Vienna,
Austria.
Tel: +43 1713 3168
www.steirereck.at

4 comments:

Melissa said...

wow...killer breakfast wey...
they look so beautiful. esp. the egg & bacon. Feel like trying it at home too... =)

CHER-RY said...

morning Melissa :))
yeah go try it, simple and good. I will try it this weekend :)))
Enjoy!!!

Chasing Food Dreams said...

JS's breakfast looked-to-die-for... perfect eggs & bacon... and I also wanna flip out when I see what they offer for breakfast!

So you are now finally in the romantic city of Vienna! More Vienna post pls.. =)

Happy Weekend!

js said...

Yes, we discovered that Viennese like their chives!!