Saturday, August 01, 2009

Rights that went unheard

Roads were closed
crawls were as long as 30km out of city...
yet it didn't deter their spirits.
all I did was 
yelping in frustration due to the massive jam

as they gathered...
FRU trucks were despatched into the city
and more caged lockups on wheels were everywhere
all I did was
looking down my windows to see the stalled crawl and cursed

scene turned ugly
tear gas were fired
ppl were hurt
LRT stations were closed
ppl missing their destinations as the LRT wouldn't stop
uniformed cops wouldn't hear their cries
innocent blood fell
prides ripped off
and all I did was
asking myself....what are human rights? where are human rights? Do I have it?

hundreds were arrested
and no....they can't see their lawyers
human rights? where are they when we needed them?
and all I can do now is
tearing in my heart

2 comments:

licheng said...

I read about it on thestar online..horrible..sigh..

CHER-RY said...

Kindy Chai: yeah it was seriously horrible....beyond words.